Be a part of this game changing team!
Virtual Lab Manager
By helping scientists do their job, we are helping all the people on the planet who benefit from inventions, creations, and knowledge that scientists create.
You will co-manage a minimum of two labs. We are “virtual” so your job consists of sitting in an office and communicating with scientists, in other parts of the world, about what they need to run their experiments.
You will be trained to be one of the best lab managers in the world.
A strong candidate will have one of these backgrounds:
- Lab manager or postdoc (or superb grad student) who has managed people, experiments, and budgets
- Purchasing agent
- Sales rep in the life science industry (but this is NOT a sales job)
- Communicate with engineers & scientists to understand their needs and experiments
- Communicate with suppliers (sales reps, technical help & customer service) to obtain pricing and technical info, place orders, retrieve order updates, and solve logistics and supply chain problems
- Keep accounting records organized
- Report progress and solve problems at team meetings
Looking to start now, preferably in Chicago.
- $50-70k, depending on experience
- Medical and Dental health benefits
- A t-shirt, free coffee and snacks at the office
SKILLS AND TRAITS YOU SHOULD HAVE
We want a long-term commitment, someone who will help a small company grow into a large one.
- Tech savvy (very good with a computer, its keyboard and multiple monitors)
- Proactive mentality – help without being asked to help, and an ability to predict problems
- Knowledge of hardware or mechanical engineering, and/or chemistry, and/or molecular biology
- A passion for science and desire to make a difference in the world.
- Confident presence on the phone. We frequently call suppliers
CLICK this link –> HAPPILABS JOB APPLICATION (VIA A GOOGLE FORM)
It will not hurt to connect with Tom on LinkedIn.